See more from the Daily Mail!
See more from the Daily Mail!
The wait is over, Mike Tindall announced over Twitter yesterday that they have named their new daughter Mia Grace Tindall.
The Queen’s granddaughter Zara Tindall gave birth to a baby girl early this morning at the NHS Gloucestershire Royal Hospital. The family of three went home just hours after the birth with Mike Tindall tweeting, “Thanks so much for all your kind messages. Definitely the best day of my life today, so happy! The girls are both doing great!”
The new arrival is the third grandchild for Princess Anne and the Queen and Prince Philip’s fourth grandchild– right on the heels of Prince George!
Zara does not hold a title and is not referred to as Her Royal Highness. Her daughter will be known as Miss Tindall and is now 16th in line to the throne.
Since the couple decided to keep their child’s sex a surprise, it will likely take them a little longer to announce a name. Stay tuned!
“• Zara Tindall (née Phillips), 32, William’s cousin and Olympic equestrian, is the only royal on the list. She has been close to William their entire lives and is expecting her own first child with rugby player husband Mike Tindall in the new year.
• Oliver Baker, a college friend of the couple. He is married to another St. Andrews University alumni, Melissa.
• Emilia Jardine-Paterson (née D’Erlanger), who was at Marlborough College school with Kate and is a longtime friend of William’s.
• Earl “Hugh” Grosvenor, the son one of William’s own godparents, the Duchess of Westminster. Only 22, he is the heir to the Duke of Westminster, one of Britain’s richest men.
• Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, 53, who as private secretary to the couple and Prince Harry from 2005-2012, helped plan their public lives. He is now serving them part-time as Principal Private Secretary and Equerry. The bonds with him and his family were underscored at the couple’s 2011 wedding, when they chose his son Billy to be a page.
• Julia Samuel. She was a close friend of Diana, the Princess of Wales, and a founder patron of a charity for which William is also patron, Child Bereavement U.K. William and Kate visited the charity’s headquarters for a royal engagement earlier this year.
• William van Cutsem is the youngest of the four van Cutsem brothers. The van Cutsems, who used to live in Anmer Hall, Norfolk, where William and Kate will have their country home, provided much-needed family support to William and Harry after their mother died in 1997. Van Cutsem’s niece, Grace, was a bridesmaid at the royal wedding.
As for George having one more godparent than either William and Harry, “Why not?” one palace source says of the couple’s decision. “It was entirely their choice, their personal preference. There was no set number that they had to choose and have gone with seven people.”
The source added, “They wanted to include family and friends and reflect their life on both sides.” ”